Sunday, June 3, 2012

slumber party sunday


I haven't done one of these in a while! I swear, almost every Saturday I think "ooh, I should schedule a slumber party post for tomorrow!" and then I don't! I think it's mainly because the playlist part is daunting (as I mentioned earlier this week, I usually get hooked on one song and then don't want to listen to anything else) so I just decided to leave that part out and do music-less posts. Feel free to crank up some Spice Girls basically anytime you're enjoying* a slumber party sunday though! ;D




I made these once before and they're so tasty! I like cake a lot more than ice cream, so to me this is the absolute perfect kind of ice cream cone! :D You just pour cupcake mix into flat-bottom ice cream cones, stand the cones up on a baking sheet and cook according to the box directions. Super simple, and they're ideal for a slumber party treat! I can't remember where I originally saw this idea (I think it might have been Parade magazine like 5 years ago?) but I got the image here.




Not too many movies make you wish your house was haunted, but this one does. At least if Rex Harrison was the ghost! ;D It's a fantastic romantic ghost story and one of my all time favorites! It's kind of funny, I originally wanted to use The Solitaire Man as my movie for this post, but I can't find it for sale or streaming anywhere online at all (I recorded it from TCM) so I went with this readily-available favorite instead. One of the actors is Edna Best, wife of Herbert Marshall who starred in The Solitaire Man! I thought that was a funny coincidence :)

Anyway! You can watch The Ghost and Mrs Muir on netflix here, or buy it here. And if you ever get a chance to see The Solitaire Man, definitely watch it! It's a really good caper! :)



Truth: What is the most far fetched lie you ever told that someone actually believed?
Dare: Wear your clothes backwards for the rest of the day!


*I couldn't think of a better word that would be less presumptuous, but I do really hope that anyone who reads these does enjoy them! :)