Sunday, June 26, 2011

slumber party sunday


Ever since I did this post on Amber's blog a couple months ago, I've been meaning to turn it into a weekly series on Scathingly Brilliant, but laziness kept getting in the way. Then this week I did a flapper doodle drawing of the girls having a slumber party, and realized it would make the perfect header for that weekly series I'd been keeping on the back burner since April! The opportunity to fool around in photoshop was the kick-in-the-pants I needed to finally get the ball rolling ;-D

So basically my idea is this: each week I'll post the ingredients we need to have a little slumber party Sunday night. A recipe for some delectable goodies, some fun songs to dance to, a movie, a game of truth or dare and -of course- a ghost story to guarantee none of us will get a good night's sleep ;-D Ready for the first party? Put on your pj's and get ready to have fun! :D



Tonight we're making these cake batter truffles, from The Girl who Ate Everything! Don't they look scrumptious?!?! When I was a kid my mom had to keep me from eating all of the creamed sugar & butter in the bowl when she was making cakes. Let's face it.. the batter is better than the final product, no? Recipe HERE.



Say You'll be There by The Spice Girls

Barbie Girl by Aqua

Mr. Blue Sky by Lily Allen




Tonight's movie is Emma (1996) starring Gwyneth Paltrow. I saw this at the movies when I was 9 and adored it, and to this day it's one of my favorite modern films. Don't have it on dvd at home? You can still watch along with me on youtube / netflix / torrent!! :D




Each week I'll post a truth & a dare. You can answer the truth question in the comments, or participate in the dare on your own (and let me know if you chickened out in the comments ;-D) Also, feel free to give me a truth or dare in your comment and maybe I'll answer/do some of them in next week's slumber party post!

Truth: If you changed your first name, what would it be?
Dare: Talk in a fake accent for the rest of the day