Saturday, March 5, 2011

march o'playlist



It's March, and that means St. Patrick's Day is coming up soon! yay! I'm with George Carlin, in that I don't say I'm "proud" to be Irish since I didn't really have any say in the matter.. but I'm definitely very happy to be Irish! I love hearing stories from my mom about my grandfather's Irish family gatherings.. they just seem to really enjoy life... and beer, but that's another matter lol.

What I love most about Irish culture is the music. It's just so beautiful, even (or maybe especially?) when tinged with some punk. The Pogues are one of my very favorite bands, so this playlist is definitely a bit Pogues heavy, but I don't think that's a bad thing ;-D Oh, and I think that Unicorn song is for children, but come on. It's an Irish song about unicorns.. how could I not include it?!